Tuesday

Dust blog tour: Devon Ashley's top 10 book picks


Welcome to the next stop on the Dust blog tour! Check out Devon Ashley’s Top Ten Childhood Book Picks and come back on the 21st for my review of the first book in Devon’s exciting new Dust and Darkness trilogy.

Here's a list of some of my favorite books from childhood! All right, I grew up in the 80s so some of these may be waaaay out there! No judging!

1. Anything R.L. Stine: I lived for these thrillers as a young teen, but even then I could figure out the ending by a quarter way through.
2. Choose Your Own Adventure: All right, I don't recall the stories being that great, but the concept of getting to choose my own path in the story...too cool.
3. Trixie Beldon: Kinda like a younger Nancy Drew, which I eventually advanced to. :)
4. Garfield: Of course...everyone read the kazillion books out there about the fat, lazy, lasagna-eating tabby.
5. Bernstein Bears: Never ready anything by Dr. Seuss...go figure! But I loved this bear family.
6. Where the Sidewalk Ends: Some of the best poems ever! LOL. I still remember some of those.
7. More Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark: Can't tell you how many times me and my friends checked this book out of the library. It's just filled with those creepy urban legend stories perfect for freaking out your companions.
8. The Baby-Sitter's Club. Yep...read all those too.


Hmm....I'm not really sure what I read as a really young child, cause my memories are pretty much AWOL on that time. :) For you 80s kids out there, what am I forgetting to mention?

From Raiding Bookshelves: I’m a child of the 90s myself, but I’m going to make a few suggestions. I had a few beloved books from my Mother’s childhood that some of you will know pretty well.
Anything from Enid Blyton (but especially the Far Away Tree books), A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L’Engle, The Finches’ Fabulous Furnace by Roger Wolcott Drury and Anne of Green Gables by L.M Montgomery are all beloved childhood favourites that transcend generations.

7 comments:

  1. As a child I read all the original fairy tales. You know the ones with the scary endings, before Disney made them all happily every after. When my kids were little we went through a lot of the Choose Your Own Adventure Books. They loved getting to choose their own path.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You like RL.Stine too :D
    I always love to read R.L.Stine's work,
    especiallya Goosebumps and Fear Streat >___<

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great book tour for a fantastic book! I do hope that i will have the chance to read 'Dust' but for now it is going on my to-read list.
    What a fantastic list of children's books. I remember clearly reading a mixture of Grimms Fairytales and Harry Potter. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, great book list! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ilike the book and the music they did for the book

    ReplyDelete
  6. good post, I can't wait to read it, :)
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  7. bn1005:25 AM

    Nice list of books.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...