Tuesday

Top Ten Tuesday (3)

This week I'm recommending ten books to people who don't read....anything. I've found over the years that there are a number of books that people just love, whether they are readers or not. Of course, most true readers, detest the books or detest the people who jump on the book band wagon, and make it a fan book.

So here are my top ten recommendations!

  1. Twilight by Stephenie Meyer.
    know the problems that people have with the Twilight series, but at the same time, it has encouraged a whole smackload of kids to give reading a go. The romance between Bella and Edward has inspired a generation of new readers.
  2. The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky.
    I recommend this book to everyone and everything that moves and a few things that don't. It changed my life as a reader in a profound way. 
  3. Obernewtyn by Isobelle Carmody
    This series has been unravelling for 25 years, and I'm desperate to see it finish. I've grown up with it, and feel like I've grown older with the characters.
  4. Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte
    I'm a big Jane Austen fan but Wuthering Heights is probably my favourite classic. Lots of people (my whole Dark Hero lit class) disagree when I say Heathcliff is redeemed by his love for Catherine.
  5. Daughter of the Forest by Juliet Marillier
    This is Marillier's first book, and one of the best examples of historical fantasy that I've ever come across. For a book by my favourite author, this is the place to start.
  6. Anne of Green Gables by L.M.Montgomery
    I can't remember how long I've loved this book for. It's one of those books that pass down from Mother to daughter, and every little girl can relate to Anne Shirley. 
  7. Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie PerkinsThis is a short, sweet, confusing romance that makes you want to sigh compulsively. At times the stupidity of the characters makes you want to smack them, but they're too lovable to truly annoy you.
  8. Sword of Shannara by Terry Brooks.
    For people that saw Lord of the Rings at the movies and wanted to give the book a try - then saw the books and hide under their beds: Sword of Shannara is definitely Tolkienesque but much much simpler. Not only that, but there are now...22(?) books in the series. So you can go back and forth through Shannara history for as long as you want! 
  9. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins.This woman is a bloody genius. The trilogy had me digging my nails into my palms and trying to finish all three books before I had to get up for class the next day. It's completely and utterly enthralling and I've been bouncing off walls waiting for the movie.
  10. Harry Potter by J.K RowlingIt's Harry freaking Potter. Nuff said.
So get on reading and enjoy yourselves!


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...