Tuesday

Top Ten Tuesday (2)

Top Ten Authors I Wish Would Write Another Book
1. Stephen Chbosky who wrote Perks of Being a Wallflower, gave me one of the most profound reading experiences of my entire life. I wish I could re-read it without knowing how it ended. It's the only book he's ever written and I can't wait to see the film adaptation. I don't have high hopes for it, but a girl can hope.

2. Elizabeth Haydon, author of the Rhapsody series, and The Lost Journals of Pen Polypheme, is one of my favourite fantasy authors. Her last book was published in 2008, and despite rumours of a book release in the (american) spring, I'm not getting my hopes up.

3. J.K Rowling who we all know as the author of one of the most beloved children authors. I don't necessarily want more Harry Potter, but I'd love to explore further into the mythology behind the series. I'm looking forward to the release of Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets on Pottermore.com and the Harry Potter Encyclopedia.

4. M.J Putney's young adult series, starting with Dark Mirror, has enthralled me completely, and I'm desperately looking forward to the final instalment of the trilogy, due out in July. I'm hoping she'll keep working on her young adult series.

5. Juliet Marillier needs to publish more Sevenwaters books. She has a new young adult series Shadowfell due out in September. (Christmas gift!). Her Sevenwaters series is one of the best series I have ever read.

6. Suzanne Collins gave us the Hunger Games, and though she has written another series, I would love to see how she continued in that realm, or if she could go in a new direction with her work.

7. George Norman Lippert has written a few novels of his own, but even better, he continued the Harry Potter world! Rowling even praised his work, but he has paused his HP work to explore his own. I want more Harry Potter!

8. China Mieville should be writing an official sequel to Un Lun Dun. I believe the City and the City and maybe one of the others are within the same world. But I miss the characters.


9. Jane Austen died before she could produce another masterpiece. I know a lot of people find ehr work too dull or floral for their tastes, but I believe she has written at least two of the greatest love stories I've ever read. Pride and Prejudice and Persuasion are my utter favourites.


10. Isobelle Carmody has left me waiting for her since I was 15. Her Obernewtyn series is finally coming to a close, but I want the Legendsong finale to come out!







Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...