Tuesday

Never Have I Ever by Sara Shepard

Sara Shepard, the author of the Pretty Little Liars novels, has followed up those top-selling fictions with an even more artfully knotted series. At its center is a murdered narrator whose long-lost identical twin sister. Emma is serving as a stand-in detective to find the killer. In the second episode of their hunt, the pair discovers new clues, but they know that as they search for the killer, he or she is watching their every move, waiting for the right moment to end it all. 

Website | Goodreads | Twitter | Facebook
Publication Date: 2nd August, 2011
Publisher: HarperTeen
Country: United States of America
ISBN: 0061869724
Original Language: English
Age Group: Young Adult
Genre: Mystery, Thriller, Romance
Buy the Book: Amazon
Lootability: There's room but keep looking.
Published last year, Never Have I Ever, was the long awaited sequel to Sara Shepards The Lying Game. Picking up where The Lying Game left off after Emma/Sutton's 18th birthday, and Emma is still living Sutton's life and is getting desperate to find her twin's murderer.

What I liked: Shepard has great style. She just keeps drawing you in, and in, and in. Her characters are really growing too; there's a lot more to Maddy and Laurel than the last book, and I'm dying to know what the problem is between Sutton and Nisha.
I'm enjoying Ethan more; he keeps being called Mr-Rebel-Without-A-Cause, and until this book all he did was stare at stars. But Shepard upped it a notch (maybe half a notch) with some gate crashing, so I'm beginning see his appeal.
I'm also enjoying the drinking game titles. In The Lying Game the girls play Never have I ever, and in Never Have I Ever they play Two truths and a lie, the title of the next book.

What I didn't like: Stuff with the Twitter Twins got intense, but I'm not sold on them as murderer's, and all of Emma/Sutton's encounters with her would-be murderer have been more like hallucinations than reality. I partly blame the narration style; having a story told by a ghost who can read her twin sister's mind is bound to make parts of the story a little flaky, but I need more grounding in a story.
There's room but keep looking.
Two Truths and a Lie is due for publication on February 7th and I'm dying to learn more about this murder and it's motivations.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...