Saturday

The Lying Game by Sara Shepard


A semi-regular (when I have time) segment on books that made it to the big screen. 
This week I checked out the pilot of The Lying Games based on the series of the same name written by Pretty Little Liars author Sara Shepard.

I've got both Pretty Little Liars and The Lying Games in my to-read and to-watch piles, and started with The Lying Games because January is my debut and new release month and the TV series is only 11 episodes or so in. The last two books of the four book series are due out this year as well!

Pretty Little Liars 
Sara Shepard
"I had a life anyone would kill for.Then someone did.The worst part of being dead is that there’s nothing left to live for. No more kisses. No more secrets. No more gossip. It’s enough to kill a girl all over again. But I’m about to get something no one else does—an encore performance, thanks to Emma, the long-lost twin sister I never even got to meet.
Now Emma’s desperate to know what happened to me. And the only way to figure it out is to be me—to slip into my old life and piece it all together. But can she laugh at inside jokes with my best friends? Convince my boyfriend she’s the girl he fell in love with? Pretend to be a happy, carefree daughter when she hugs my parents good night? And can she keep up the charade, even after she realizes my murderer is watching her every move?
From Sara Shepard, the #1 New York Times bestselling author of thePretty Little Liars books, comes a riveting new series about secrets, lies, and killer consequences.
Let the lying game begin. "

                                                              The Lying Game
                                                         created by Sara Shepard

I haven't had a chance to read this yet, but a review will be popping up during the week sometime (I have a few days to myself). I watched the TV series pilot this morning and there appear to be some serious differences between the two.

For starters, in the book (according to the blurb and reviews) Sutton has been murdered and Emma chooses to take her place. In the TV show, Sutton finds out she has a twin sister, gets in contact with her, and convinces Emma to take her place while she searches for their biological parents.

The show is interesting, and I'll definitely keep up with it (for now) but I'm more excited to see how Shepard manages Sutton's POW in the book. It can't be easy to write a dead protagonist in a non-supernatural novel. I'm also dying to know how each mystery turns out: the identity of Sutton's murderer (novel) and; who kept the girls apart, and why (TV)?


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...