Tuesday

Blog Tour: Falling In Between by Devon Ashley

Finally! A private conversation. And all I had to do was throw myself off a cliff, drown in a pond in my undies and let him put his hands on my breasts to bring me back to life. Yay me! (yeah, that’s sarcasm) 
Yep, that pretty much sums up the most craptastic night of Jenna Baker’s life. She drowns after jumping off a cliff, meets a hotty named Chance in the pearlescent in-between and is brought back to life by her soon-to-be boyfriend Robert. 
Just when things start to move forward with Robert, the guy she'd been crushing on for a year now, in walks the man of her dreams – literally. Chance suddenly appears in her dream every time she closes her eyes. So it's Robert by day and Chance by night. One in the real world and one in the dream world. What could possibly go wrong? 
Absolutely nothing – until she comes face to face with the guy she met in the in-between, and realizes her romantic rendezvous with Chance may be more than just her imagination. 
Website | Goodreads | Twitter | Facebook 
Publication Date: February 14th, 2012
Publisher: Indie Publishing
Country: USA
ISBN13: 9781466388901
Original Language: English
Age Group: Young Adult (Mature content included)
Genre: Romance/Supernatural
Source: Devon Ashley
Lootability: Grab it and go!

Falling In Between is my first experience with Devon Ashley, author of The Immortal Archives, and I quite enjoyed it. The story of Jenna's twin romances, both blossoming from an accident that landed her in hospital; one boy she has been crushing on for over a year, and one boy who pops up to romance her in her dreams.

What I Liked: Robert and Chance both work hard to romance Jenna, and boy, do they romance her well! The story had me humming Michelle Branch's Everywhere while I was reading. The idea of finding love in your dreams had me hooked and Chance was a real cutie.
The relationship between Robert and Jenna was tauntingly familiar. Ashley has recreated the painful uncertainty of first love and sexual inexperience. She also managed to talk about sex without making it crude or unnecessarily graphic.
After working up the nerve to talk to Robert, for almost a year, it takes one stupid dare for Jenna to nab not only her rescuer Robert, and new, mysterious and spontaneous dream boy Chance. The supernatural aspects of the story were what made the novel, and kept pulling me back.

What I Didn't Like: Sometimes Jenna was just too confused and uncertain. As much as I appreciated being able to relate to Jenna, there was a point where her anxieties seemed too dramatic to me. Of course, she was still very realistic because I had girlfriends in highschool that completely isolated themselves when they had boy problems. I never understood them either.
Grab it and go!
Falling In Between is due out February 14th. It's a juicy romance that will have you wishing for your very own dream boy for Valentine's Day.

Giveaway opportunity: 


Click on the pic above for your chance to win the doodled copy of Falling In Between
Also you can click the pic above to see the tour schedule!
And come back here Feb 8th for Devon's Top 10 Literary Characters

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...