Thursday

May book of the Month: Anne of Green Gables

L.M Montgomery's Anne of Green Gables has been one of my favourite books (and series) since I was a little girl. When I had the option of studying it and writing an essay on it for my children's literature class, I took it immediately.
This of course lead to me reading the entire series; it's impossible to let Anne go once you get to know her.
Anne of Green Gables is the sweet story of an orphan, adopted by accidents by the elderly Cuthbert siblings who wanted a young boy to help on the farm. Her sweet, dreaming but vivacious personality bewitched them and they chose to keep her. Anne get into occasional scrapes, makes silly mistakes and flies into awful tempers but no one can help loving her.
I encourage everyone (boys included!) to take the time to go on adventures with Anne Shirley.

Raiding Bookshelves Rating
                           

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...