Tuesday

February Book of the Month: Poison Study

Poison Study was the first of Maria V Snyder's books that I have read. It ended up being the first of six, and I have plans to get my hands on her dystopian series Inside Out and Inside In. The reason Poison Study became Feb's Book of the Month was the intriguing way Snyder rethought the classic heroine and drew out the series. In truth, it was Snyder's Study series that gave Poison Study it's title, but the first book of the trilogy is still my favourite.

It had close competition in Matthew Reilly's Ice Station but Reilly can't claim the same sense of mystery that Poison Study gave me. Ice Station will always be one of my favourites, but this month Poison Study really stood out for me.

February's recommendation is Poison Study by Maria V Snyder. Expect a review this week.
Raiding Bookshelves Rating
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...