Sunday

Iron Queen by Julie Kagawa

#31 of 200

Original Language: English
Publisher: Harlequin
Country: United States
Publication Date: 1 February 2011
ISBN: 0373210183
Page Count: 384

In less than twenty-four hours I’ll be seventeen.
Although, technically, I won’t actually be turning seventeen. I’ve been in the Nevernever too long. When you’re in Faery, you don’t age. So while a year has passed in the real world, agewise I’m probably only a few days older than when I went in.
In real life, I’ve changed so much I don’t even recognize myself.
I thought it was over. That my time with the fey, the impossible choices I had to make, the sacrifices of those I loved, was behind me. But a storm is approaching, an army of Iron fey that will drag me back, kicking and screaming. Drag me away from the banished prince who’s sworn to stand by my side. Drag me into the core of conflict so powerful, I’m not sure anyone can survive it.
Iron Queen is the latest instalment in Julie Kagawa’s Iron Fey series. Released on February 1st 2011, it has been eagerly awaited by readers. Until a few weeks ago, Iron Queen was considered the concluding chapter to Meghan’s harrowing journey. Instead, Kagawa hit her readers with fantastic, but frustrating news. Her secret (or sekret) project :Iron Fey Four; Iron Knight will be Ash’s story.

Iron Queen begins in exhile. Meghan and Ash have been banished for their love and are ready to start their lives together. Unfortunately, Meghan and friends, though they returned the scepter, failed to defeat the Iron King, and once again he has plans for our heroine.

Arguably, Iron Queen is the best of the Iron Fey novels so far. Meghan has matured from a whiny ‘mortal’ brat, and the love triangle has been ironed out, yet there are still a few problems. At times, especially when Meghan tries to act mature or decisive, the dialogue becomes stilted, and ‘unexpected’ situations can become a little predictable.

Fortunately, Kagawa has an engaging style and loves throwing a new predicament into Meghan’s lap, keeping the narrative exciting. It is in Iron Queen that the changes in Meghan, since Iron King, become most noticable. Unfortunately, Kagawa keeps pointing it out through Ash and Puck. Mostly though, Kagawa allows the reader to take their own opinion away from the book.

Iron Queen is the third Iron Fey novel, and will be followed by Iron Knight. The release date is TBA and Raiding Bookshelves is eagerly awaiting the announcement!

Raiding Bookshelves Rating
Judging by the cover: Iron Queen is the brightest of the series, and shows the most of ‘Meghan’s’ face.
The bright colour and the front on pose suit Meghan in Iron Queen. She begins accepting her place in Nevernever and learns to confront danger head on.


Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. This is a book about a girl who has been
    exiled from Never-Never, the land of the faeries because of confessing her love for Ash, a
    Winter Prince. They set out on a journey to destroy the 'false' Iron King. Meghan is safe in the
    Iron Realm because she is half- human. Therefore, she can touch iron unlike other winter and
    summer faeries. During the story, Ash swears to remain by her side and protect her. If he fails to
    do so, he must kill himself. So, feeling bad, Meghan sets out with Ash and her best friend Puck to
    kill the false iron king.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...